Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can make suggestions and post bug reports about our games.
To go back to our main site click
HERE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ground Detection Bug

+4
Aurumpuella
bvtsang
BackSlashJay
MultaeKappae
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ground Detection Bug Empty Ground Detection Bug Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:50 am

MultaeKappae

Found in Alpha 0.00.05

In switch tower, after elevator, sent robot to push block through the wall.
When I switched back to the girl and climbed the stairs, I was unable to jump... then I discovered the girl was no longer detecting the floor under her and simply remained at her last height (the top of the stairs in the switch, stairs, pillar room at the center of the tower).

game runs normally, am still able to switch between girl and robot, and all of robot's actions behave normally (can walk up and down stairs and jump).

2Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am

Bhaal42

I got the same exact issue yesterday.

Funny glitch, unable to go back on the ground even when climbing the stairs

3Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:46 pm

BackSlashJay

Faced the same issue earlier. If you're wanting to continue, you'll have to switch to the Robot and jump of the course of something like that.

4Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:50 pm

bvtsang

bvtsang

I think this problem happens earlier: the girl is unable to jump the moment she steps on the elevator platform.

A workaround is to have the robot lift the girl up the elevator first. I found that the girl regains her ability to jump after stepping off the elevator.

5Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Aurumpuella

bvtsang wrote:I think this problem happens earlier: the girl is unable to jump the moment she steps on the elevator platform.

A workaround is to have the robot lift the girl up the elevator first. I found that the girl regains her ability to jump after stepping off the elevator.

I was able to workaround the glitch by choosing the previous checkpoint (after both the girl and robot have gone up the elevator) on the pause menu screen. Once I reset the girl was able to jump again as if it had never happened.

6Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:23 am

Bulemero

Bulemero

Aurumpuella wrote:
bvtsang wrote:I think this problem happens earlier: the girl is unable to jump the moment she steps on the elevator platform.

I was able to workaround the glitch by choosing the previous checkpoint (after both the girl and robot have gone up the elevator) on the pause menu screen. Once I reset the girl was able to jump again as if it had never happened.

It happened the same to me. On a first attempt, I restarted the game from the beginning and the issue kept on happening. However, once I decided to go back to the last checkpoint (I think it was with F1), the girl was able to jump again, reaching all platforms up in the way leading to the window outside the room.

7Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:13 am

Salim

Salim
Admin

Thank you guys, this should be fixed in 0.006.

http://flyingcarpetsgames.com

8Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:49 pm

gwolffe

I tried sending the girl and the robot up first, and I found she was able to jump both ways after she got off the platform. But I noticed she could not jump while she was on the platform, including that little perimeter of bricks with the little flowery symbols on them. After the jump test, the stuck-in-the-air bug didn't seem to happen anymore.

9Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:03 pm

bvtsang

bvtsang

Version

Steps to Reproduce

1. Get to the elevator.
  2. Send the robot up the elevator first.
  3. After the robot arrives on the second floor, send the girl up the elevator.
  4. As the elevator is rising, position the robot near the edge of the elevator.
  5. Just as the elevator arrives on the second floor, walk onto the elevator platform.
  6. Observe that the robot is standing above the ground.

10Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:03 am

Salim

Salim
Admin

Thank you bvtsang , this is a very nice one! We'll look into it soon.
Your writing bug skills are amazing!
Oh and if you don't mind, it might be best to start a new post for new bugs so that it's easier to search.

11Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:38 pm

bvtsang

bvtsang

I included this bug in this thread because I thought it was the same one.

In any case, I'll add it to a new thread next time, thanks!

12Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:48 pm

gwolffe

I was able to get that bug to work the other way around too, making the girl stand on top of the robot. When I tried it, they both went way up to the ceiling. I think how high they go depends on how soon you try to jump on them, that is, how far down the shaft they were when you jumped. That distance appears to remain the same as one or the other rises to the ceiling. When I tried it, I couldn't get the robot to pick up the girl.

13Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:22 am

PsychoKilla666

MultaeKappae wrote:Found in Alpha 0.00.05

In switch tower, after elevator, sent robot to push block through the wall.
When I switched back to the girl and climbed the stairs, I was unable to jump... then I discovered the girl was no longer detecting the floor under her and simply remained at her last height (the top of the stairs in the switch, stairs, pillar room at the center of the tower).

game runs normally, am still able to switch between girl and robot, and all of robot's actions behave normally (can walk up and down stairs and jump).

I too get this bug all the time

What I have found out is that you can run up to the grate where the box was and switch to the robot and walk close to the girl and grab her out of the room

Coincidentally, if I get past this room, the final door to end the alpha is already open but impossible to go through, if you step on the switch the door closes but you still cannot pass
The only way I have been able to finish the alpha is by warping the girl out of the bugged room where she is able to run around in the air and then the last door functions properly
Very strange that those two bugs are seemingly linked like that

14Ground Detection Bug Empty Re: Ground Detection Bug Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Salim

Salim
Admin

Ok, the bug in the elevator should be fixed in 0.008. Let me know if you find it elsewhere. Thanks guys!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum