Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can make suggestions and post bug reports about our games.
To go back to our main site click
HERE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

book in the girl's room

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1book in the girl's room Empty book in the girl's room Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:01 pm

gwolffe

I just noticed that there is a little book sitting on the desk in the girl's room at the beginning of the game, with a pen and ink bottle, waiting to be written with.

Is/will there be any way for us to read what's in that book in later versions of the game? Or is it just another useless prop?

I can't help but speculate that it could be a diary of the girl's time locked up there, or that of other prisoners who came before her.

I was also thinking it would be cool if there were other books or journals lying about in the game, that could give you more info on the history and backstory of the game, or provide helpful hints and diagrams for solving really complicated puzzles.

2book in the girl's room Empty Re: book in the girl's room Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:09 pm

Ericius11

I noticed this as well, and my initial reaction was the same as yours. However, I remember Salim mentioned he wanted as little text in the game as possible. The idea being the story would be propelled by imagery and the interaction of the characters. So I doubt there will ever be anything written there.

3book in the girl's room Empty Re: book in the girl's room Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:58 pm

gwolffe

That's too bad. But I can totally understand why now.

4book in the girl's room Empty Re: book in the girl's room Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:54 am

Ericius11

I was thinking about this last night and had a brainstorm. I really like your idea about the book being a diary, and I agree it would help to set up the backstory. So how about this... instead of a diary, what about a sketch book? Maybe the girl likes to sketch things when she's bored, and she could draw her memories of being locked up instead? That way, the developers can avoid using text, but still provide a small backstory of sorts?

5book in the girl's room Empty Re: book in the girl's room Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:51 pm

gwolffe

OOOoooh!!! That's cool! That's a great idea, Ericus11. It almost makes it feel like the girl has something strongly in common with the makers the game she's living in!

6book in the girl's room Empty Re: book in the girl's room Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:31 am

Salim

Salim
Admin

Hey guys, I really like your ideas. I think we'll do something with that book Very Happy

http://flyingcarpetsgames.com

7book in the girl's room Empty Re: book in the girl's room Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:21 pm

gwolffe

Hey HEY! I see that the book has got a picture and words in it in v. 0.007! I don't mean to be nit-picky, but given the apparent time period of the game, it just seems a little odd that the girl would draw a picture of a girl in a sailor uniform, no matter how fabulous the drawing looks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum