Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can make suggestions and post bug reports about our games.
To go back to our main site click
HERE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shakeing camera on high graphics settings

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gwolffe

On version 0.005, when I had the graphics set from "good" to "fantastic," the camera started shaking violently and wouldn't stop when the girl ran about half way across the bridge to the robot's cage. It was pretty shaky on the way there too, and even when I set the graphics to "simple" it was still a bit shaky. It might just be my laptop, but I thought you'd like to know.

PS: how do I get updated versions of the game?

gwolffe

One more minor graphics bug to report; when the girl jumps up on the cabinet in her room, the ceiling disappears.

Ericius11

I have reproduced this same shaking camera effect.  It might be interesting to note that I only experienced it when in close proximity to either the robot or perhaps the room where he is caged.  The farther I am from this point, the less noticeable the glitch.  Also the shaking seems to take place only when facing in the forward direction.  I was able to bypass this by running backwards, but can't seem to make it past the guard robot in the next area.

Salim

Salim
Admin

The shaking camera should be fixed in 0.006. Thank you!

Last edited by Salim on Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total

http://flyingcarpetsgames.com

gwolffe

Well, in 0.006, the camera isn't shaking anymore. But on Beautiful and Fantastic settings the control responses are still sluggish and movement is choppy. It may just be that my computer isn't powerful enough to handle it, but I thought you'd like to know.

BTW, I can definitely see the quality difference between 0.005 and 0.006. It looks great!

Salim

Salim
Admin

Thank you for confirming the bug fix gwolffe. Yes, Beautiful and Fantastic requires more powerful computers to keep the frame rate decent.

gwolffe

In v. 0.009, the camera is still shaky on the top two graphics settings, and this is on a new laptop that is specifically designed for high quality gaming

Salim

Salim
Admin

Thank you gwolffe, my PC is pretty high end too but I could not reproduce it.
Would you mind putting this on video when we release version 0.010 in a few weeks?

gwolffe

For some reason recently the camera isn't shaking anymore when I cross the bridge to the robot's cage. I think what happened was that I was fiddling with the graphics settings on my computer for another game recently, FarSky, and that may have unintentionally fixed that problem; updated my graphics drivers, my Java, and fiddled around with various graphics settings. Didn't help me with that game, but it may have done something for this one.

The camera motions are still kind of jerky on the highest graphics settings the further you go into the castle, making the game a little difficult to control, but I found that when I switched from integrated graphics in my graphics settings to the onboard graphics processor, the game played as smooth as butter, so that may be something to keep in mind for future FAQs and troubleshooting questions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum