Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can make suggestions and post bug reports about our games.
To go back to our main site click
HERE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alternate outfits

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alternate outfits Empty Alternate outfits Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:59 pm

gwolffe

This is probably a really dorky idea, but I thought it would be fun if you could change the girl's outfits. Seeing her run across the balance beam in the pendant room, as well as the way she jumps, reminded me of a little ninja, so I thought it would be cute if she had a little ninja costume. Maybe the robot could have different armor styles too, and these would be like "Easter eggs" that you find throughout the game, not that I mean to make more work for you guys. You've done an incredible job already, and with a few more levels I'd probably buy up the game as it is in a heartbeat!

That reminds me, I also thought it would be cool if the robot could smash open barrels or crates with his sword. And on the topic of the girl jumping, it feels a little clunky how she runs, jumps, and stops when she lands, rather than hitting the ground running.

I don't mean to bug you with all these posts but this is my first time "alpha testing" anything, so I'm taking it pretty seriously; kind of like a dream come true. Keep up the good work! And by all means, have fun!

2Alternate outfits Empty Re: Alternate outfits Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:23 pm

Ericius11

The running and jumping animations could definitely do with a bit of tweaking.  It might be helpful to add a quick transition animation as well.  I noticed this as well, but just chalked it up to the game being in alpha.

Oh, and a ninja outfit would be quite fun. Maybe, if the dev's don't want to have that part of the main storyline, they could make it a reward for finishing the game. Like after we beat the game, we could play through it again with new outfits or something.

3Alternate outfits Empty Re: Alternate outfits Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:53 pm

gwolffe

Oh, definitely after the game.

4Alternate outfits Empty Re: Alternate outfits Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:46 pm

gwolffe

Here are my costume idea drawings. The forum wouldn't let me post them in "fan art" which seems counter intuitive. I'm not as good of an artist as I would like to be, so pardon the quality.

Here's my ideas for the girl. From top-left, you've got the original, ninja costume, and jumpsuit (I thought she needed long-fall boots and any puzzle game instantly makes me think of P****l). I wanted to have at least three alternate costumes so I'm totally open to suggestions (as long as it's not a Disney Princess outfit.)

Alternate outfits Scan12

Here are my costumes for the robot. From top-left, you've got the original, samurai, Master Chief, Cubix, Optimus Prime, and Laputa robot. I wanted to put in a Roman soldier costume too, but I ran out of room. I had to have a samurai to complement the girl's ninja outfit (which is ironic since they were mortal enemies in real life).

Alternate outfits Scan210

Let me know what you guys think, and if I at least got you to laugh, then it was all worth it.

P.S. Clap if you know who Cubix is.

5Alternate outfits Empty Re: Alternate outfits Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:37 am

Salim

Salim
Admin

Wow, thanks gwolf, those are great!
Yes, both the Girl and the Robot will have at least have 1 alternate costume. I like the Ninja idea. Some of them, we don't have the copyrights but it's cool to think about. I'll discuss costumes later with Peet, our 3D artist.

http://flyingcarpetsgames.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum