Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum where you can make suggestions and post bug reports about our games.
To go back to our main site click
HERE.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crash in pillar chamber (after checkpoint 7)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

KostasVl

Hi!

I just played through version 0.005. I had a lot of fun and I can't wait for the finished game. But please take your time and make it bug free and even more fun Smile

I can reproduce a certain crash fairly reliably (3/4 times). I have pasted output_log.txt in a reply below.

Basically, start by standing on the switch to open the gate to the "pillar chamber" (just after checkpoint 7). Send the robot in instead of the girl. Make it stand on the switch in the middle of the chamber. Take control of the girl. Take her to the corridor on her right and head for the stairs. Notice the enemy robot coming down. Panic! Smile Turn around and run to the switch we started on. Switch to the robot. Turn around and head for the girl, to try to save her. 3/4 times, after one or two steps with the robot, the game would crash for me.

There is another enemy robot in that same area, which I guess also chases the girl. However, I didn't even notice it the first few times I got the crash. Who knows which one is triggering the crash Smile

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info.

Merry Christmas Smile

Last edited by KostasVl on Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

KostasVl

This is the log:

Initialize engine version: 4.2.2f1 (54f0fc09defb)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dum.dll 9.18.13.3182]
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Vendor: NVIDIA
VRAM: 971 MB (via DXGI)
Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 DF24=0 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: C:\Users\Kostas\Desktop\thegirlandtherobot-windows-0.005\WINDOWS\GirlAndRobot_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\Kostas\Desktop\thegirlandtherobot-windows-0.005\WINDOWS\GirlAndRobot_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\Kostas\Desktop\thegirlandtherobot-windows-0.005\WINDOWS\GirlAndRobot_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\Kostas\Desktop\thegirlandtherobot-windows-0.005\WINDOWS\GirlAndRobot_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\Kostas\Desktop\thegirlandtherobot-windows-0.005\WINDOWS\GirlAndRobot_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\Kostas\Desktop\thegirlandtherobot-windows-0.005\WINDOWS\GirlAndRobot_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\Kostas\Desktop\thegirlandtherobot-windows-0.005\WINDOWS\GirlAndRobot_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\Kostas\Desktop\thegirlandtherobot-windows-0.005\WINDOWS\GirlAndRobot_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Users\Kostas\Desktop\thegirlandtherobot-windows-0.005\WINDOWS\GirlAndRobot_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Users\Kostas\Desktop\thegirlandtherobot-windows-0.005\WINDOWS\GirlAndRobot_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in 0.052 seconds
desktop: 2560x1600 60Hz; virtual: 4480x1600 at 0,0
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

Platform assembly: C:\Users\Kostas\Desktop\thegirlandtherobot-windows-0.005\WINDOWS\GirlAndRobot_Data\Managed\UnityScript.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Users\Kostas\Desktop\thegirlandtherobot-windows-0.005\WINDOWS\GirlAndRobot_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
UnloadTime: 0.514041 ms
Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 17 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 12061.
Total: 3.809074 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.872490 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.164105 ms MarkObjects: 1.024560 ms DeleteObjects: 1.154318 ms)

A* pathfinding not possible

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

The above two lines repeat hundreds of times, until the end of the file.

Salim

Salim
Admin

Hello KostasVI,
Yes, we are working hard to deal with the bugs and we truly appreciate your help Smile
Thanks for the nice bug! This is fixed in 0.006. Let me know if you find more crashes.

http://flyingcarpetsgames.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum